What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative written Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ alone is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We Believe in the Following Biblical Worldview Convictions*:
- that absolute moral truth exists;
- that the source of moral truth is revealed through the Bible;
- that the Bible is accurate in all of the principles it teaches;
- that eternal spiritual salvation cannot be earned;
- that Jesus lived a sinless life on earth;
- that every person has a responsibility to share their faith in Christ with others;
- that Satan is a created & living being, not just a symbol of evil; and …
- that God is the all-knowing, all-powerful maker of the universe who still rules that creation today.
- that biblical marriage exists only in the context of a faithful union between one genetic male and one genetic female.
*The social researcher George Barna summarizes as well as any the above listed ‘convictions revealed in the Bible (the ultimate written expression from GOD about reality); convictions that have been held by the historic Christian Church since its birth. For several years The Barna Group has been tracking how many people possess a “biblical perspective.” The organization defines such a life perspective on the basis of several questions about religious beliefs. These beliefs are central to each A.C.T. Canada staff person regardless of their particular denominational background.
Using that framework, Barna discovered that the percentage of adults holding a biblical worldview has remained minimal and unchanged 2002-2005, despite the widespread public debate about moral issues and the efforts of thousands of churches to enhance people’s moral convictions. Currently, according to Barna, only 5% of adults living in the USA have a biblical worldview. The percentage varies among faith groups. About half of all evangelicals have such a perspective. Overall, 8% of Protestants possess these convictions, compared to less than one-half of one percent of Catholics. George Barna unpacks these convictions in general terms in his acclaimed book Think Like Jesus.